Time for the full Lump Body experience

Lump Body! These clay figurines were heavily influenced by my love of The Gumby Show - especially the first season (from 1956) which is my favorite. I used to make stop motion videos and these little dudes could've been perfect plasticine puppets...if only I hadn't baked them to be hard as rocks. When I sold these at fests, people would always *poke* them to find out if they were squishy (nope - rock hard, sorry?). See here! I had the foresight to take some pictures of the process. How nifty.


Once they were painted and varnished, I bagged them up with mini handdrawn header cards. I would've preferred to print the cards, but my doggone printer crapped out on me just as I was starting this project...


Now that I think about it, my printer breaking down was just one of many less-than-ideal events that sandwiched the making of these lumpy bodies. From months of moldy apartment walls to a temporary sojourn in an Air BnB where I caught a nasty case of vertigo (long story) and then another temporary stay back in our building in an empty upstairs unit that was so hot you could (probably) cook an egg sans stovetop, I still have no idea how I managed to actually make these Lump Body babies! But I'm glad I did?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potato Pirate!